What's the Name of the Game?

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

CRABS - WHO'S GOT CRABS???
Well, we are preparing for a SHIT Beach Invasion weekend on the Chesapeak Bay. I am looking forward to this for several reasons, but one of the main ones being that I get to go Crabbing. I had no idea what this involved so I did a little research. I found out that there are several ways to catch crabs - ha!!! I know of one way I won't be catching crabs. The other ways I have to learn.
So as I was looking through websites, I found one that sells crab catching things. There's nets, and traps, and measuring things. But the thing I found most interesting on this website was the choice of the company to try to use hot models to sell their products. Does that really influence someones choice to purchase crabbing equiptment??


Maybe I am missing something, but seems I wouldn't trust this chick to be a good judge of crabbing stuff. Or maybe she is. I know media has a big influence on people - ie Guy #2 went out and bought the body spray stuff called Tag because in the commercial the guy puts it on and goes to the grocery store and there are girls all over him. He admits that that has yet to happen.

So there is my thoughts on crabbing equipment. I need to purchase a rope, a net and some chicken necks apparently. I will not be eating these crabs most likely, but enjoy the hunt. There will be sure to be pictures to follow next week.

WINK OF THE DAY: Well this one doesn't look too bad. But after further review I found this teeny tiny flaw - - - - - -


drink:
Non-alcoholic beverages only

This can't possibly work out!!! Haha!!!

6 Comments:

  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger Ms Meh said…

    You should see the boat/marina billboards on Highway 70 in NC on the way to Morehead City. Alllll hot chicks. Some of them don't even have boats (seriously, and they're advertising for a marina). WTF?

    Have FUN!

     
  • At 1:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The model has crabs...so she has work experience!

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you're supposed to use beef lips?

    Anyway, I always ignored the people on Match that didn't drink. You can't trust someone who doesn't drink the alcohol.

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    buy a crab pot instead. throw the chicken necks in the bait part, tie the rope to the pot and throw it in. sit back and drink beer. check the pot every once and a while. You can get a crab pot for about 18-25 bucks. hell according to you might find one washed up somewhere. according to the crabbers i've been working with the last couple weeks, about a billion of them got washed away in hurricane's last year. you could walk from the NC mainland to the outerbanks if they were right.

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just go see a doctor.......
    Rx Strange Glove

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger SMAC said…

    Doc...Well holy crap. Look who commented....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home