What's the Name of the Game?

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Where in the Wold is Carmen SanDiego Anyways???

I understand that geography is not most peoples stong point. It definitely is not mine since I moved here to Nothern Virginia 2 YeArS AGO!!! I have no idea where I am. I know how to get to work and the grocery store and the mall. That is about it and sometimes I get lost getting home from the grocery store. There is the one time when the hash was in Burke, VA and there were directions coming from the north and from the south. I had to type into Map Quest Fairfax and Burke to find out if I was going north or sough. Come on now.... give me a break. I am from Batavia, NY - a city of 16,000 and the surrounding towns were significantly smaller.

So I am talking with my sister tonight about what the remainder of the summer brings. We are traveling home to the Greater Buffalo area on Friday for a week of Fun filled activities - a golf tournement on Sat., Niagara Falls with my mother and little sister Sunday through Tuesday, my parents 20 year anniversery on Weds, time with the niece and nephew on Thursday or Friday, a bachelorette party and Jimmy Buffett Party on Sat.

So then we start discussing an idea that was presented to us last night at the Hash. Holy Fu*k mentioned going camping on the ocean and doing a make shift Hash weekend. I tell my sister this and she says " Well, which ocean?" Hmmm how does one answer this - I decided to answer with a sarcastic "Ummm Atlantic" followed by "The Artic Ocean is too cold this time of year."
DUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! She is a cute girl, but her quick wit is lacking. This is her with the drummer from a band in Cancun. Talk about confusing water ways.
Now, I can't tell you what countries surround Uzbekistan, but I surely can tell what ocean I am closest to. DAMNNNN. I guess this is just the school teacher in me coming out. You should definitely check out the sites on my niece and nephew... both sooooo cute and he looks terrified in every pic!!! Okay not every!!!

So my question for today is this: Is it more important to know where you are or where you could be??

9 Comments:

  • At 6:42 AM, Blogger Darcey said…

    I'm going to go with to know where you are. Because if you don't know that, how are you going to know how to get to where you could be? (i.e., your trip from Fairfax to Burke).

    Thanks for voting, SMAC!!!

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmmm. I agree with Muse (excellent point), but I can also see it the other way. If you focus on where you are then you're looking down instead of forward. Look forward to where you could be and make that place your next destination... Now, be on your way!

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger SMAC said…

    Very good answers

    The Muse - You are kickin butt in that poll!!! Great pimpin' skills.

    BG - very deep - but I understand completely what you are saying.

    Weeee!!! - Very nice!!! Reminds me of a Dr. Seuss story!!!

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Heidi Flash said…

    Life is a journey....not a guided tour.

    what this means to me - there is no instruction manual that is written JUST FOR YOU

    - AND -

    don't follow someone else's lead - all you'll see is their ass.

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What ocean? Dude, your sister/lesbian life partner is a little slow.

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm going to stick with Ani DiFranco on this one: You have to be able to find your own way there and your own way back home. I suck at this since moving to Virginia -- it's not a S.H.*.T. hash unless FP gets lost on the way there -- but I rocked the house in Oregon, and without ever being able to figure out which way was "North".

    FP

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger SMAC said…

    HF - some asses I wouldn't mind - but some I would hate to follow!!!

    FP - Maybe we should be a local map. Do you think that would help us ?

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Vixen said…

    SMAC - Meet CMAC -http://cmac23.blogspot.com/

    Cool Blog! :)

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger SMAC said…

    Diane..
    Thanks for stopping by.
    SMAC

     

Post a Comment

<< Home